Saturday, November 08, 2014

Writing Doodle 015 - Octopus Kingdom Adventure

"You have to help me! My daughter's been taken! Please!"

"Slow down. Who took your daughter?"

"The- you won't believe me. But please, you have to help me! My daughter!"

Pinching the bridge of her nose, the woman sitting at the desk let out an exasperated sigh. "Yes, your daughter. You mentioned. Now, who took her." She was running out of patience.

"Ohhh you won't believe me! You won't. You'll think I'm crazy! My--"

"Look. Just tell me who took your daughter. Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

A moment of shocked silence before the desperate mother continued. "It was.. It was the... The Octoradi."

This wasn't the first time she had heard of the Octoradi. The legend was about as well-known as the Happy Birthday song-- that is to say, everyone knew it. But it was supposed to be just a legend, not something real.

Lifting a slender eyebrow, she eyed the man standing in front of her. He didn't look like some desperate man, craving attention. Nor did he particularly look like some crazy homeless person, just looking for a way out of the cold for a bit. "The Octoradi, hmm? They say the Octopi have a secret kingdom in the middle of the ocean, connected to every body of water on Earth via portals they've built with their advanced technology. They say the Octopi that live in that kingdom are known as the Octoradi, that they take humans-- usually between the ages of seventeen and twenty-three-- for their celebrations, experiments... you name it, they use humans for it. Now, are you telling me that these...mythical beings have taken your daughter?"

"Ye-yes, Ma'am. Please... I knew you wouldn't believe me, but my...my daughter!"

Narrowing her eyes, the woman lit a cigarette. Blowing the smoke out into the room, she eyed the man once more. "Alright. I'll take the case. I'll find your daughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment